8.30.2007

Pasta Milano

My mother-in-law is an incredible cook. She made this for us when we were visiting and it is absolutely wonderful! I haven't made it yet (I just got the recipe), but it was so yummy I couldn't wait to share it with you all! That's why there aren't any pictures. It tastes exactly like the Pasta Milano from Macoroni Grill. Oh, it is so good. So enjoy! (One question does any know how to do the "1 head garlic, roasted"?)

4 chicken breasts
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

Wash and dry chicken breasts; mix garlic powder, salt, and pepper and sprinkle on chicken. Grill chicken on stove top in a skillet or outside on the grill until it is done all the way through; set aside.

16 oz. bow tie pasta
4 Tbls. butter
1 1\2 cups sun-dried tomatoes
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
Place pasta in salted boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain. Meanwhile saute the mushrooms and tomatoes in butter until soft.

2 quarts heavy cream (I substituted 1\2 Half & Half)
1 head garlic, roasted
1\2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. salt
1 cup parmesan cheese
Place heavy cream, roasted garlic, pepper, salt, and parmesan cheese in food processor and puree. Place cream mixture in a saucepan and bring to a boil; turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened.

Mix in mushrooms and tomatoes and add to the cooked pasta. Slice the grilled chicken and place on top of the pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Brit said...

yeah i've roasted garlic before. Basically you just line a pan with foil, cut the top of the head of garlic off and then put a little olive oil on it. THen you bake it in the oven for I think 1 hour. I will never roast garlic again because my whole house smelled so much like garlic that even our repairman had to leave the house. Never again!

Amy said...

This looks D-lish :) YUM! Okay, forgive the dunce question on my part... but what is the purpose of washing and drying chicken? I've noticed it on a couple recipes and wondered why?

Skipper said...

I'm so excited! This looks awesome. It reminds me of "Blackened Chicken Pasta" that you can get at Chilis or Wingers...except the chicken is cooked with cajun spices instead of garlic salt. YUMMMMMMM!!!

P.S.--Good question. Why do you wash and dry chicken?