9.05.2007

Hump Day- Tomato-Basil Fettuccini

Ingredients:
1/4 C chopped onion
1 Tbsp dry basil or 6 fresh leaves, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 C olive oil (it's healthier, but I usually just use canola oil)
3 1/2 C chopped tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
12 oz fettuccini (I usually use a little less than 12 oz)
1/2 C grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
Saute onion and garlic in oil. Chop tomatoes (use fresh or canned).
Add tomatoes, basil, salt, & pepper to onion.
Simmer 15-20 min.
Cook fettuccini according to package, drain well.
Immediately toss hot fettuccini with tomato-basil sauce.
Enjoy!
I love this recipe (especially made with fresh tomatoes from the garden)! I also love that I usually have the ingredients in my pantry. Post your favorite "pantry" recipes!

1 comment:

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

That looks good. I want to eat that picture!!