8.12.2007

Lasagna

Lasagna
(makes enough for an 8X8 casserole dish...double for a 9X13)

4 Lasagna Noodles
1 lb. Hamburger
2 c. Tomato based sauce (my husband LOVES Dani's Pizza Sauce; my grandma uses 1 can tomato soup with 6 oz. tomato sauce)
1 egg
1 package Beefy Onion Soup Mix (optional)
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. each of Cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown hamburger, drain. Sprinkle with Beefy Onion Soup mix. Heat to piping hot.
3. Beat the egg. Add a large spoonful of hot sauce to egg, then add back into sauce. Cover and heat to boiling. (The sauce will turn orange-ish).
4. Cook lasagna noodles as directed; drain.
5. In an 8X8 casserole dish layer noodles (you'll have to cut them to fit...use the scraps from two noodles to make a third whole noodle), sauce, sour cream, cheeses. Then repeat omitting the sour cream the second time.
6. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until cheeses are bubbly.

**If you want to throw this straight into the freezer DON'T cook the noodles AT ALL!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I just found this blog and love it. I would love to be added. You can email me from my blog www.zlshore.blogspot.com
Thanks!

Kristen said...

This looks so good! It seems so simple for lasgna (which makes it seem all the better!)

McKenna Gordon said...

shut up lindsay, i just went to your blog and and I totally know your husband... went to school with him - and that means several people on this blog did too. erm, that's probably how you found us, huh? my discovery isn't all that amazing afterall.