8.14.2007

"Freakin' Awesome"....

Fettucini with Chicken and Mushrooms
This is one of those meals that I make when I need a little positive feedback about what a good cook I am. That's right, EVERYTIME I make this Tel always gives me kudos and tells me it's "freakin' awessome"!

Ingredients
4 oz uncooked fettucini
5 Tbls margarine (divided)
1 lb skinned, boneless chicken, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 C sliced fresh mushrooms
1 Tbls flour
1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 C half and half
1/4 C parmesan cheese

Directions
Prepare fettucini according to package directions adding 1 Tbls butter to cooking water. Drain and rinse with warm water. Toss 1 Tbls butter. Set aside.

Melt remaining 3 Tbls butter in 2qt saucepan; add chicken and mushrooms. Cook and stir over moderate heat for about 10 min or until cooked throughout.

Stir in flour, parsley flakes, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Blend in half and half.

Cook and stir over moderate heat until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat; add fettucini and Parmesan cheese, tossing to coat. ENJOY!!

No comments: