5.16.2007

Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta


For "Hump Day" I have listed this pasta that we tried last night. To be honest, I think my husband said it the best "if you never made it again, I won't miss it". It was good to switch it up and have something different, but it's not going on my "Yummy, Yummy in my Tummy" list (yes, I am a full-time mom, how'd you guess?) If any of you do try it I would like to know how you liked it.


2 lbs tomatoes (3 cups chopped)

1/4 C. Sun dried tomato dressing

1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese

1/3 C. fresh basil or 2 tsp dried

1 16 oz linguini or thin spaghetti


Chop tomatoes, chunck cream cheese, add basil, and add dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Cook pasta as directed, drain, and add to tomato mixture. (You may also add 1 lb cooked salad shrimp to make it more of a meal).


I also made "garlic bread" by brushing the Sun dried tomato dressing and adding grated cheese on french bread then broiling it. I was a BIG fan of the bread!


No comments: