5.02.2007

Happy Hump Day Apple Quessadilla

When I first found this recipe I thought it sounded really wierd, but we decided to give them a try and they were a big hit! Wish I had a pciture 'cause they're pretty too :)

INGREDIENTS:

2 medium tart apples, sliced
1 cup diced, cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I like a little extra)
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (again, a little extra cheese never hurts)
1/2 cup fresh, canned or frozen corn, thawed
1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
3/4 cup shredded lettuce
3/4 cup salsa
Sour cream

DIRECTIONS
In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place about 3/4 cup on half of each tortilla. Fold tortilla in half over filling and secure with toothpicks. Place on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Carefully turn quesadillas over; bake 5-8 minutes longer or until golden. Discard toothpicks. Cut each quesadilla into three wedges; serve with lettuce, salsa and sour cream.

2 comments:

Skipper said...

This looks cool Amy! Thanks. I'm excited to try it.

ashley said...

It does sound interesting, but I love apples in chicken salad, so I bet it's good. :) I'll definitely be trying this one. Thanks!