5.29.2007

Grandma's Bread Sticks

These might be the best bread sticks ever! The left-overs freeze really well in zip lock bags. Thaw by setting them out at room temp. for a few hours.

Grandma's Bread sticks

Serves 8

1 T. yeast
1 and 1/2 c. warm water
2 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
3 c. flour
1/2 c. butter (1 stick)...you can use margarine, but I DON'T recommend it.

1. Dissolve yeast in 1 and 1/2 c. warm water (about 5 minutes).
2. Mix all ingredients together, slowly adding flour last; knead until smooth and elastic. Let rise 10 minutes.
3. Melt 1 stick butter and pour into jelly roll pan (or cookie sheet).
4. Roll out dough into a rectangle, about the same size as the pan. Cut into 1 x 4 inch strips, using a pizza cutter. Roll each piece in melted butter and place in the jelly roll pan.
5. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and/or garlic salt. Let rise 15-20 minutes

Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes.

2 comments:

Dani said...

I am definatly trying these!

The Dillon 6 said...

I made these last night for dinner and our family of 6 LOVED them. I will need to double the recipe next time. Considering it's the first time I've successfully used YEAST, I'd say this is a pretty easy recipe. I'm glad I blog-hopped my way into the amazing site!