4.16.2008

Strawberry Shortcake


4 cups sifted all purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
6 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
2 beaten eggs
1 1/3 cups light cream/or buttermilk

*** Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine eggs and the cream/buttermilk, add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just to moisten. Spread dough in two 8 x 8 pans. Bake @ 450 oven for 15-18 minutes.
Add sweetened chopped strawberries and whipped cream.
(I usually half this recipe unless I am feeding the multitude)

1 comment:

Ashley Luck and Randy Luck said...

Kim,
I'm so excited you found me! I have facebook so I have kept in touch with some of our high school buds, and I'm always asking about you!!!!!

My email is aharken18@hotmail.com, or aharken@uwyo.edu. You should email me so we can keep in touch better!
I love this blog! What have you been up to? How long have you been married?!?!
Hope everything is going well for you!
Ashley