2.28.2008

Smarter Fettuccine Alfredo


I made this for dinner last night, and was pleasantly surprised-it actually tasted like something you'd get in a restaurant! I was happy, and it was yummy. I was a little skeptical when I saw the ingredients, but it was great! (I got this out of Kraft Foods magazine for Spring of '06)
Smarter Fettuccine Alfredo:
Ingredients:
8 oz fettuccine
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
4 tsp. flour
1/3 cup light cream cheese SPREAD (not the block kind. I used regular, not light, and it was fine.)
3 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese (I was VERY liberal in that!)
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg (I know it sounds crazy!)
3 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
Directions:
Cook pasta as directed. Drain, and set aside.
MEANWHILE: combine broth and flour in med. saucepan. Stir in cream cheese spread; cook 2 min., stirring constantly (a whisk worked best) until the mixture boils and thickens.
TOSS pasta w/sauce, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, and nutmeg. Sprinkle w/ remaining 1 T. Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Season to taste w/ black pepper.
Makes 4 servings/1 cup each.
*I added a few sprinkles of parmesan cheese to the actual sauce while it was boiling. I love that cheese, and think that you can't have too much!
ENJOY!

No comments: