1.23.2008

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookes

Cookies
I'm eating these as I type this and they are absolutely fabulous! FYI - this recipe is from the Williams Sonoma Baking book that is displayed on the left. Sorta. (I got it on Amazon for about $3 - BARGAIN!!)

Ingredients1 1/4C all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2C unsalted butter, frozen (or cold) cut into small cubes
1/2C firmly packed golden brown sugar
6 TBSP granulated sugar
1 lg egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1C semisweet chocolate chips
3/4C white chocolate chips
3/4C milk chocolate chips

1. preheat the oven 350
2. in a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. set aside
3. in a large bowl (or mixer) whip the butter on medium speed for at least 5 minutes. (this is why I use frozen or hard butter, it forces me to beat it for a while until it's smooth) DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
4. combine the brown sugar, and granulated sugar to the butter. beat on medium speed until smooth.
4. add the egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until well blended.
5. slowly add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until just incorporated.
6. mix in the chocolate chips.

Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when lightly touched, 10-13 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.

4 comments:

Skipper said...

The chocolate lover inside me thanks you greatly.

Maria said...

Glad you posted these! I use this recipe all the time! They are my fav!

Sheila D. said...

I use this recipe ALL the time. EVERYONE, even the most picky of cookie connoisseur, LOVES them!

I noticed that you haven't posted since April! I hope that you are well and come back soon!

Thanks for sharing.

Sheila D. said...

I use this recipe ALL the time. EVERYONE, even the most picky of cookie connoisseur, LOVES them!

I noticed that you haven't posted since April! I hope that you are well and come back soon!

Thanks for sharing.