9.20.2007

I'm new, but love to cook!

Hey Everyone,
Just thought I would introduce myself since I look at this blog all the time--my name is Nellie and I got this site from Kristen. I have only been married 2 years and so have only been practicing the home-making skills for a short time (college doesn't really count for me--microwave cheese tortillas don't cut it anymore!) so I'm always up for tips and ways to improve my skills in the kitchen. I am 26, just barely, and have a 13 month old daughter and one the way in January. Closer than we planned, but whatever, we're happy! I love reading, sports and doing anything outside, especially in the cooler fall weather. I am also trying my hand at quilting/sewing. So far so good, but I'll keep you posted on that one. The recipe I'll share today is for marinated cucumbers, and it gives a great summer/fall kick to any meal. Enjoy!

Marinated Cucumbers
6 cucumbers (I use just however many people are eating, usually 2)
3/4 C white wine vinegar
3 Tbsp. cold water
1/2 C sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1Tbsp chopped dill

Mix and place sliced cucumbers in dressing. Chill. Serve.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Yeah Nell!!! I'm glad you made your first post!!! Welcome, welcome. Plus, I'm excited to try this recipe, we have a bunch of cumbers from our neighbors and I was trying to think of a different way to eat them that soaking them in ranch!

Skipper said...

Those sound great, thanks! (And welcome too!)