7.12.2007

McKenna Gordon


Hi Everyone! I am McKenna Gordon and I have been reading this blog for quite a while now and really love it. I asked my friend Brynn if DIP was open to adding contributors and... here I am! I'm so excited to participate. So a little about myself. I've been married to Steve for 5 1/2 years. We have a 3 month old boy, Carter. Steve is a fabulous cook and has taught me everything I know in the kitchen. He loves cooking and baking and now, it's one of my favorite things to do with him... put in a good cd, strap the twinner aprons on, and make a really fun dish together. We love entertaining and inviting others over to cook for them. However with all that said, I am NOT the strong one in our cooking team. I have a lot to learn and actually loathe cooking on weeknights. I find I don't have the time, and cooking is only fun for me when I'm making something special. So My objective is to find joy in cooking the every day meals, and getting better at them. Because I've had Steve showing me around in the kitchen, I skipped all the basics. He taught me a few gourmet dishes, because that's how he cooks. I can make chicken parmigiana and zoupa toscana from scratch, but I can't seem to get macaroni and cheese to come out right.

I'm so excited to join this blog. I've already used a few of your recipes and love them, and am thrilled to now be able to add my own and participate a little more. Thanks for the opportunity!

-McKenna

6 comments:

Skipper said...

Welcome! I love that you call this site DIP, by the way.

Kristen said...

Welcome, welcome! I'm excited to see what you guys cook up. Not to mention, I also love the "DIP" name.

Amy said...

Welcome! Sounds like you'll have lots to share with us! Your baby is so sweet, too!!

McKenna Gordon said...

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Losee's said...

I love your picture! You all look so good!

ashley said...

Hi McKenna! Welcome. I'm excited about your swiss chicken recipe. :)