6.03.2007

Exquisite Pizza Sauce

This is the only tomato based sauce I will slather on pizza. I can eat it by the spoonfull!
Pizza-Sauce-Ingredients

What You'll Need:

1 can 6oz. tomato paste
6 oz. warm water (just use the tomato paste can)
2 TBSP honey
1/2 tsp crushed garlic (or 1 tsp of minced garlic)
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
3/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. marjoram
1/4 tsp. salt
pepper to taste

1. combine the tomato paste and warm water until the consistancy of tomato sauce
2. add all other ingredients and stir well so the cheese isn't in clumps
3. let sit for at least 30 min. so the flavors can develop
4. spread over your pizza crust
Pizza-Sauce-copy
I use the Biboli thin crust rather than making my own. They're really good and it's a heck of a lot faster.

5. Pile on your toppings and bake at 450 for about 15 minutes. (I then turn on the broiler for about 3 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly)
Finished-Pizza

3 comments:

Skipper said...

Oh, you're the best. This is my former pizza sauce recipe: tomato sauce, tomato paste, and a little water.

P.S.-I LOVE pineapple and olives on pizza together.

Kristen said...

Wow! My mouth is watering! Not only do you have amazing recipes, but you take incredible pictures!
PS where do you find your garlic in that little jar? Do I look in the produce section?

Dani said...

The garlic is found in the produce section. Just ask a grocery store worker if you can't find it.